Thursday, July 8, 2010

it'sonlytime

marythe

el

ephant

parades and stamps

and maybe stomps

transient

mary

thetwotonelephant

with songs in her trunk

she sings me anything

can play baseball too

and checkers

she keeps me ingoodcompany

even when I don't deserve it

mary

the

elephant

stampedestorms

mary

stoppingtime

with her singing

elephantmentary

miss mary

dear

marytheelephant

heartstringstrumming

to stay

just the night

tonight

twotonmary

lets me borrow

her harmonium

inthemorninglight

marythe

elemenopea

elephant

would never prick

the toes of my shoes

with sharp

getawayspines

mary

the unmarryingkind

kindofelephant

better than

annie

the cactus

any

old

rainyday

when smoking quits me

and raisins turn to prunes

and I maybe

get trampled

under

giantelephantfeet

bigger

than the sky

later than this late at night

when restoril brings no rest

and marythe

elephant

goes rumbletumbling by

overandoverandoverandover

andoveragain

marythe

clockcrushingelephant

with a cloudstopping heart

work your

thunderboom magic

tonight

for me